Monday, August 22, 2011

GARAGE CON 2011 UPDATES!

Remember (all the way back to Friday) when I said GARAGE CON 2011
might just be my dumbest idea yet?  Well, while I still think it’s
a pretty spiffy idea, I have come to realize my execution of this
blows chunks.

My two major mistakes were not announcing the dates early enough so
that my comics industry buddies would be able to come to the event;
and not realizing how difficult it would be to get any interest or
publicity from the area media.  I’ll try to do better if there’s a
GARAGE CON 2012.

Only one guest artist has confirmed his appearance and, given the
likelihood of fewer customers and fans that I had hoped for, I am
going to suggest he not undertake the several-hour trip to Medina,
Ohio and Casa Isabella.  If he still wants to come, I’ll be happy
to have him.  But, unless he’s as deranged as I am, the only comics
“guest” at GARAGE CON will be yours truly.

GARAGE CON 2011, my glorified garage sale, is still going to happen
on Friday and Saturday, August 26 and 27, from 10 am to 5 pm.  It
will still have thousands of comic books and other items on sale at
ridiculously low prices.  I can’t imagine any fan coming to my sale
and not walking away with a stack of cool stuff without spending a
lot of money for said cool stuff.

To entice you further, here’s a quick price list:

Comic books and comic-book digests at a mere quarter apiece or five
for a dollar.

Magazines at a quarter apiece or five for a dollar, including back
issues of British imports 2000 AD and Judge Dredd Megazine.

Movies and cartoons on VHS tapes at a quarter apiece or five for a
dollar.

Manga and trade paperbacks at two bucks a pop.

Hardcover books at five bucks each.

I haven’t yet priced the calendars, fast food toys, and other items
yet, but, like almost everything else at this garage sale, I will
be pricing them to sell and sell quickly.

In addition to the above, I’ll also be selling 1000 Comic Books You
Must Read
(first printings) at $20 each and, while supplies last,
copies of The Grim Ghost at three bucks each.  I’ll be delighted to
autograph my book or the Grim Ghost comics free of charge at your
request.  I’ll also sign any other Isabella-written items you bring
to the event.  Also free of charge.

And who knows?  I might come up with a few more surprises between
now and the start of the sale. 

If you have any questions about the sale, feel free to e-mail me at
the usual address:

tonyisa@ohio.net

One more time.  GARAGE CON 2011 will be held at Casa Isabella, 840
Damon Drive, Medina, Ohio on Friday and Saturday, August 26 and 27,
from 10 am to 5 pm each day.  Feel free to alert the media.  Maybe
you can get them more excited than I did.

See you tomorrow.

© 2011 Tony Isabella  

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from the Philippines, Tony. Wish I could go to Garage Con!

    ReplyDelete