Sunday, January 29, 2012

CONTEST! PRIZES! FAME! NO SHIT!

I’ve been under the weather most of the week and, for that matter,
here in bucolic Medina, Ohio, the weather itself has been lousy as
well.  However, beyond my various ailments, beyond the snow and the
slush, something else has me down.

I don’t have a new logo.

DC Comics has a new logo and it’s ugly, but it’s still a new logo
that they probably spent tens of thousands of dollars on. 

Oni Press has a new logo and, while it’s sort of busy, it’s nice.
Good for them.

Bongo Comics has a new logo for their company and for most of their
wonderful titles.  These are all really nice and I can’t think of
a publisher more deserving of such spiffiness.

But I don’t have a new logo.  Which is where you come in.

Design a new TONY ISABELLA logo.  Or several new logos.  In other
words, enter as many times as you wish.

The logos that impress me or make me smile will be published here.
With your contact information.  That’s the “fame” part of my silly
competition.

The best three to five logos will get prizes.  Autographed copies
of 1000 Comic Books You Must Read.  Autographed copies of comics I
wrote.  Maybe a few other surprises.  That’s the “prizes” part of
this epic clash of the designers.

Just email a .jpg of your TONY ISABELLA logo to me with permission
to run your design on this blog.  I’m not seeking any rights to the
work beyond that.  If I want to use your logo in the future, we’ll
figure out an agreement that works for both of us.

The deadline for this contest is Saturday, February 18.  Get busy,
have fun, and make me proud!  Or convulsed with laughter.  I’m good
either way.
    
I’ll be back tomorrow with more stuff.

© 2012 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment