Sunday, December 23, 2012

THANK YOU

Thanks for all the birthday greetings, my friends.  I lost track of the number after they topped a thousand.  It may take me a day or two to even read them all, but they surely made a terrific day even more terrific.

At 61, I am content and well pleased with my life.  I have so many blessings, among them that I am living what I consider a damn good life.  I am surrounded by people who love me.  I am still able to entertain and inform with my writings.  I can look back on my past accomplishments and be proud of them.  I can look forward with hope to future accomplishments.

I have confidence that the things I believe in and the positions I take are moral and well-informed.  No one can make my decisions for me - the benefits of age and, yes, a certain amount of wisdom - and my decisions work out for the best far more often than they do not. 

I am a happy man.  Could there be a better gift on this or any other birthday?

Thank you, my friends.  Thank you.

Tony

2 comments:


  1. Could there be a better gift on this or any other birthday?

    Nope. Maybe all that plus ice cream, sure, but then you just start to sound greedy and ungrateful — besides which, being surrounded by people who love you tends to lead to ice cream at some point anyway. I hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Tony! I can't wait to read your next book. If it's about comic history or one of your characters.

    Oh and to you and your family...have a Happy Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete