Monday, May 27, 2013

VAOS WASTELAND 0001


From time to time, the bloggy thing will be supplemented with brief
looks at items found in my Vast Accumulation of Stuff.


Superman Underoos.  As near as I can figure, I must have acquired
these as part of my compensation for work with a bankruptcy lawyer
after the painful demise of Neverending Battle, Inc., a non-profit
organization with which I had been involved.  The sad tale of that
organization must await another day.

These Underoos are at least 25 years old.  The trademark/copyright
on them is 1978, so they might be 35 years old.

I haven’t been able to find these particular Superman Underoos on
eBay.  Indeed, I haven’t even been able to find any image/mention
of them anywhere online.  A few of my garage sale customers tell me
they saw a pair on sale at last year’s Akron Comicon.  The price on
them was somewhere in the vicinity of $50.

I’m selling them for $25 at my garage sale.  I expect that someday
a really avid Superman collector will see them and be delighted to
have them at that price.  In the meantime, my customers get a kick
out of looking at them.  So do I.

I still wish they made these in adult sizes, even though I’ll never
again wear any item of clothing featuring any DC Comics character.
Not even Black Lightning since DC has failed to pay me for various
shirts featuring my creation.  But I digress.

Look for more oddball VAOS items every week.

© 2013 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment