Tuesday, July 9, 2013

COMIC-CON COUNTDOWN #3

What has gone before:

Tony is a special guest at the 2013 Comic-Con International in San
Diego.  His panic attacks are now erupting more regularly than Old
Faithful in Yellowstone National Park.


I am in awe of the folks who put on Comic-Con.  I’m freaking out on
a daily basis just dealing with what my family and I must do before
we leave for San Diego.  When I consider the logistics of putting
on an enormous event like Comic-Con, I wonder if it might be easier
for the convention staff to, I don’t know, put a man on the moon
every other day or so.

I’m writing this around midnight Monday night and realizing that I
haven’t yet written the “Comic-Con preparation list” that’s been on
my “to do” list for two months.  Can I order new business cards in
the hour between Tuesday’s dentist and doctor appointments? Have I
added all the numbers to my cell phone that I’ll need at the show?
Do I know how I’m going to get from San Diego to Los Angeles come
Sunday afternoon? Arrgh!

Maybe I can do something simple right now.  Like tell you where I
will be on Friday at Comic-Con...

Spotlight on Tony Isabella

Comic-Con special guest Tony Isabella is the man who brought you
Black Lightning, It the Living Colossus, The Shadow War of Hawkman,
Champions, and many more memorable comics, plus his long-running
column in Comic Buyer’s Guide. He will be ruthlessly interrogated
about them and other milestones of his career by his longtime
friend Mark Evanier.

Friday July 19, 2013 10:00am – 11:00am

Room 9


NOTE TO SELF: Send Mark a nice gift before the convention.  Wait.
Did I forget to include that on my prep list? Arrgh!

After my spotlight panel, I will be signing in the con’s Autograph
Area from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm.  I believe I’ll be at Table AA05.
As always, I’ll be delighted to sign anything I’ve written and do
not charge for my signature.  In the unlikely events that I have a
long line of fans waiting for me to sign their Isabella stuff and
you have a lot of Isabella stuff you want signed, I might have to
limit how much I can sign for you at that time.  But I will do my
best to sign everything you want signed, even if we have to meet in
a hall somewhere for me to do that.  I’m very appreciative of the
convention bringing me in as a special guest and I want to do what
I can to make the event fun for my readers.

There’s lots of other good stuff going on Friday as well, with way
too much of it happening at the same time as my panel or autograph
session.  I’ve already told my family they can go to other things
instead of my panel.  After all, they already get more than enough
of me at home.

Anyway...you should definitely read through the Comic-Con program
schedules for each day and decide in advance which panels you want
to attend.  Oh, damn, did I remember to put that on my convention
prep list?  Arrgh!

I’ll close today’s Comic-Con therapy session by repeating something
I mentioned yesterday...

If you really want to get together with me during the convention -
whether to have me sign Isabella-written stuff, answer questions or
discuss - your best bet is to set something up in advance.  You can
send me a private message on Facebook or e-mail me.  I’ll do my
level best to accommodate you.

Come back tomorrow for my next Comic-Con panic attack.

© 2013 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment