Thursday, August 8, 2013

AUGUST 9-11 GARAGE SALE UPDATE #2

My next Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale will take place on
Friday through Sunday, August 9-11, 840 Damon Drive, Medina, Ohio.
Sale hours are 9 am to 1 pm each day. If this three-day experiment
is successful, I’ll continue holding three-day sales.


I went to the Fortress of Storage at the beginning of the week and
came back with ten boxes of comic books and other items.  With one
day to go before this weekend’s garage sales, I have five boxes to
go through.  Here’s what the sale looks like at this point:

I will have almost three long tables of comic books.  I hit another run
of Superman and Superman-related titles, plus some other intriguing
odds and ends.  In addition to the above, I have two full boxes of
comics suitable for all ages.

Trade paperbacks and hardcovers fill two long tables.  I may have
more than I can fit in the display boxes.  I’ll restock those boxes
as necessary and/or possible.  As always, I’ll have copies of 1000
Comic Books You Must Read
on sale at $20 each.

I have four mystery boxes at $5 each.  These go fast and I probably
won’t be able to restock them once they sell...at least not for the
remaining days of this weekend’s sales.

I’ll have great Superman collectibles on sale.  I’ll also have an
assortment of mass market paperbacks, some DVDs of cheesy movies I
have reviewed in recent months, some action figures and magazines.
The second magazine box is looking sort of empty, but I’m hoping I
can fill it with whatever I find in those five boxes I have yet to
go through.  Oh, the suspense!

My prices are insanely low.  Comic books, magazines and mass market
paperbacks are a quarter each or five for a dollar.  Trades are $2
each.  Hardcovers are $5 each.  My suitable for all ages trades and
hardcovers are a buck each...and that includes a nice selection of
Garfield books. 

The weather for Friday’s sale is looking good at the moment.  It’s
expected to be cloudy or partially cloudy, but it looks like we’ll
miss the chance of thunderstorms the weather service had originally
predicted for that day. 

I’m looking forward to the sale and to seeing my regular customers
once again.  Have a great day and thanks for your patronage.

Tony Isabella 

No comments:

Post a Comment