Thursday, May 29, 2014

VAST ACCUMULATION OF STUFF GARAGE SALE UPDATE 5/29/14

My first VAST ACCUMULATION OF STUFF GARAGE SALE will take place on Friday and Saturday, June 6 and 7, from 9 am to noon each day, at 840 Damon Drive in Medina, Ohio. My plan for this summer is to have these garage sales every Friday and Saturday except when I'm either traveling or doing some family thing.

Today I arranged the sales tables in the garage. I have one less table than last year for two reasons.  First, I wanted to ease the congestion as much as possible. Second, since I'll be having these sales weekly, I can ease my restocking work slightly. 

Easing my workload is also the reason for only having the sales for just three hours each day.  When I stayed open until 1 pm or 2 pm, that last hour or hours were very slow.

I haven't figured out what accommodations - if any - I'll make for those customers who can't get to my sales during the official hours. That hasn't really been profitable for me in the past and some customers have abused my generosity. I still remember the guy who spend a hour-and-a-half picking out three dollars worth of quarter comics. When I told him, I needed to wrap it up so that I could get onto other work, his response was "What do YOU have to do?" What a dick!

Speaking of dicks...

While my garage sales are generally open to everyone, I will not allow a repeat of the behavior by a few - a very few - comics dealers last summer. They tried to monopolize the boxes of quarter comics so that they could grab the best books for resale. They came close enough to pushing other customers out of the way that I considered banning dealers this summer.  Which wouldn't be fair.

So here's the rule: behave badly at my garage sales and you are gone. Period. I don't care if you have picked out a thousand comics for purchase. I won't sell them to you and I won't let you back into my future garage sales. Heed this rule.

Later today, I'll start putting together $5 mystery boxes. I hope to have at least a dozen of these ready before this first sale. But...just for shits and giggles...I'll be mixing up the sizes of the mystery boxes.  Might even put together some $1, $2, $3 or $4 mystery boxes. You feeling lucky?

I'll have more garage sale updates in the coming days. Watch for them.

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment