Wednesday, June 25, 2014

JUNE 27-28 GARAGE SALE UPATE #2

My first VAST ACCUMULATION OF STUFF GARAGE SALE is happening on Friday, June 27 and Saturday, June 28 at 840 Damon Drive in Medina, Ohio. The sale hours are 9 am to noon each day.

Since the previous update, I have arranged most of the boxes and tables in the garage.  But I might adjust them to see if I can make more room for physically challenged fans. I'll let you know if that works out in tomorrow's update.

There will be 20-22 half-size boxes of comic books priced at a quarter or five for a dollar. I can't remember everything in them, but I do know I put in long runs of Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight and Detective Comics. They are scattered throughout the boxes to keep dealers from just swooping in and grabbing entire boxes. If you get the impression I am trying to discourage dealers from coming to my garage sales, you have gotten the correct impression.

In the hardcover and trade paperback boxes, I have dozens of Judge Dredd collections and annuals.

In the magazine boxes, I have what I think is a complete run of Nemo.

Books and comics and such that didn't sell in my online sales will be put into the garage sales. I'll be adding other stuff right up to the ceremonial opening of the garage door on Friday morning.

I love going through my VAOS boxes. Sometimes I find stuff I know I want to keep, such as my run of Jimmy Olsen which includes all but some of the first 20 or so issues. I'll part with those someday, but not for a while.

Sometimes I find stuff I want to try selling online first...such as a complete run of The Joker from the 1970s. I will be offering the run in one of my online sales unless someone makes me a terrific offer between now and then.

My box of specially priced (more expensive) comic books may not be as full as I would like because I'm not sure how many comics I can bag and price before this first garage sale. But there will always be new stuff in that box at subsequent garage sales.

That's all for this update. Check back tomorrow for another one.

Tony Isabella

 


No comments:

Post a Comment