Saturday, July 12, 2014

JULY 11-12 GARAGE SALE WRAP-UP REPORT

My July 11-12 Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale is in the books. I met my financial goal for the sale and surpassed it by 9%, It looks like weekly garage sales are a viable way to go.

One of my favorite things about these garage sales is seeing happy comics readers getting all kinds of cool stuff at low prices. There were no dealers at the sales and I've finally come to the decision that's how I like it. So, if you're a dealer looking for stuff for resale, don't bother coming to these sales. I reserve the right to limit your purchases and/or refuse your business entirely. I'd rather sell ten bucks worth of comics each to five customers than fifty bucks of comics to you.

I'm going to have to do quite a bit of restocking for the July 18-19 garage sale. Half of the magazines sold; there were a lot of back issues of The Comics Journal there. My paperbacks sold pretty well on account of  I hit the "H" box and that meant lots of Robert E. Howard. Comics, including the higher priced ones, did well. Ditto the hardcover books and the trade paperbacks. I sold a couple copies of 1000 Comic Books You Must Read and about half my remaining boxed cards set. 

I'm making some fun plans for the July 25-26 "I Wish I Were at Comic-Con" garage sale.  Pending final details, the Saturday garage sale will run from 9-11 am.  Then, at 11 am, I'll be hosting my first ever Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale driveway panel. I'm not shitting you. It'll be a comics convention style panel with myself and two much more famous and talented comics professionals. There will also be a trivia contest and a costume contest.

Will anybody show up for Driveway Con? I hope so. If no one shows up, I'll just take my guests out for a nice lunch. But I'd really love to see a big turn-out. I'll have a bunch of chairs on my patio for fans, but you might want to bring your own just to make sure you have a place to sit.

If Driveway Con is a success, I might even host a Driveway Artist Alley at a near-future garage sale. Because I'm a kooky guy.

Thanks to all the customers who came to this garage sale. You make it great fun for me.

Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment