Wednesday, September 10, 2014

MOTHRA AND MECHAGODZILLA: ALL-OUT GARAGE SALE ATTACK

My next Vast Accumulation of Stuff garage sale will be happening on Friday and Saturday, September 12-13, at 840 Damon Drive in Medina, Ohio. The garage sale hours are as follows:

Friday, September 12: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 13: 9 am to noon
Saturday, September 13: 5 pm to 7 pm

This is me freaking out.

I don’t have much of a garage sale update for you because my life is a little crazy right now. My dad has been back in a nursing home and rehab center for a couple of weeks, the result of a tumble down some stairs at his home. Fortunately, he didn’t suffer any serious injuries from the fall and is doing well in that regard. I’m trying to visit him as often as possible, which, at present, works out to every other morning.

I visited Dad yesterday morning and was immediately struck by how well he is liked at the nursing room. Workers who weren’t assigned to him dropped by to say “hi.” It’s no surprise to me Dad is doing well and looking good. I attribute his popularity to his legendary “Isabella Charm,” a hereditary trait which has eluded every other member of my birth family save for myself.

You like us, you really like us.

Anyway, I’m juggling getting ready for the garage sale, a writing job, scheduling household and medical appointments for next week, figuring out what to do for my daughter Kelly’s upcoming birthday and more. It’s make me a little crazy and I apologize to anyone who is waiting on an e-mail or other response from me.  I am dancing as fast as I can, my dear friends.

Today is the big push to get the physical look of the garage sale where I want it to be. Tomorrow is the big push to add as many new comics and other items as possible while putting together as many mystery boxes as possible.

Tomorrow’s garage sale update might have some actual information on what items I’ve added. Or it might just be one long scream.  You’ll have to come back tomorrow to find out.

[Thanks to Bob Ingersoll for our opening photo, which he snapped at last weekend’s Baltimore Comic-Con.]

© 2014 Tony Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment