Thursday, April 30, 2015

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY IN MASSILLON

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY IN MASSILLON

This Saturday is Free Comic Book Day, the comics industry holiday during which great comics shops across the country celebrate comic books and those who read them.

On Free Comic Book Day this year, I’ll be joining Curt Griffin and his staff at Curt’s Heroic Adventures Comics & Pop Culture Store, 126 Gnau Ave SW, Unit A in Massillon, Ohio. I’ll be appearing from 11 am to 4 pm.

Heroic Adventures will be giving out free comic books prepared by a host of comics publishers. These comic books aren’t free to the stores that give them out.  As a former comics retailer myself, I ask that you also take some time to check out the comic books and related items Heroic Adventures and other stores have for sale. Spending a few dollars at these generous shops is a terrific way to thank retailers for keeping comics so easily and readily available. I know the stores will appreciate your business.

What will I be doing at Heroic Adventures?

First and foremost, I will be signing Isabella-written comics and books free of charge. I’ll sign as many items as you like. Always free of charge.

I’ll be happy to answer your questions about my comics career and comics in general. If I don’t know the answer to a question, I’ll do my best to make up an entertaining lie. Making up stuff is what comics writers do for a living.

Time permitting, like if I’m not busy signing comics and answering questions, I’ll be happy to look at your art portfolio and tell you what I think of your work. Sorry, writers, but, for legal reasons that are obvious if you think about this for a minute, I will not read your plots, proposals or scripts...or even listen to whatever ideas you have. The last thing in the world you or I would want is for me to inadvertently steal one of your ideas because, months or years later, I don’t remember that it came from you.

I’ll be happy to post for pictures with you, especially if you’re cosplaying. All I ask is that you send me the photo via e-mail with permission to use it in a future bloggy thing.

I think that covers everything you need to know about my appearance at Heroic Adventures. I’m exciting to be part of that fine store’s Free Comic Book Day. See you then and there!

I’ll be back soon with updates on Isabella projects and the usual mix of news, views and reviews.

© 2015 Tony Isabella

1 comment:

  1. I still have my Black Lightning # 1 Tony. I'm going to have to find in my archives. I wish I could be there in Ohio to get my book signed. There's a convention in my area and unfortunately your not going to be there. If only I could "beam up" to Ohio...........

    ReplyDelete