Wednesday, April 18, 2018

OPEN FOR BUSINESS

I post today’s bloggy thing with some trepidation. But, this being the age of anonymous trolls and downright silly rumormongers, and having heard some shit several times over the past couple weeks, I want to make something as clear as I possibly can.

I’m not under exclusive contract to any client or publisher. I've made no secret of what I’d most like to write next, but, while I am hoping/wanting for that to happen...

I’M OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

If you're an editor or publisher who has read Black Lightning: Cold Dead Hands and who doesn't think I would be a great hire...

If you're an editor, publisher, movie or TV maker who's seen the  Black Lightning TV series, a terrific series that would not exist without me, and who doesn't think I would be a great hire...

If you're an editor, publisher, movie maker, TV maker, convention organizer or educator who has read what I’ve written over the past 45 years, seen my tireless dedication to promoting terrific stuff, doing publicity for terrific stuff, entertaining fans and educating students and who doesn't think you want me on your team...

...I literally don't know what to say to you. You leave me utterly baffled.

I have a whole lot of productive years ahead of me. There is much more in the creative well that birthed Black Lightning. Yes, I have hundreds of personal projects I’m working on. I may even make those projects available to editors, publishers, movie and TV makers if I’m offered acceptable terms. But most of these projects won't pay off for a while. Hence this message.

I'm available for and interested in accepting paying work that’s challenging, fun or worthwhile. All three would be wonderful.

For those of you out there would mock this message from underneath the bridges you call home or call me crass/desperate for putting it out in public, save it. I'm guessing that, in almost every case, I have accomplished much more while entertaining many more readers in my career than you have in your lifetime of delusional fantasies of having such a career.

I do great work with clean hands, a good heart and a dedication to my craft. I would love to work with someone like me. 
 
This bloggy thing is a “no bullshit” zone. Always has been. Always will be. That’s all I have to say today.

Interested parties should e-mail me. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible and, with me, a lot is possible.

I’ll be back soon with more stuff.

© 2018 Tony Isabella

1 comment:

  1. Plus, I want to read more stuff written by Tony Isabella, and surely that counts for somethin'.

    ReplyDelete